Wednesday, May 8

Review: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-one Beauty Balm Skin Perfector


Few years back, Blemish Balm (others would call it Beauty Balm) or BB Creams became so popular in Asian countries... Philippines included. They promise to give you beautiful Korean-like skin because of its all-in-one properties. It is a facial cosmetic that includes moisturizer, serum, primer, foundation and even sunblock... talk about all-in-one.

Now, BB creams are everywhere and you can even find it in non-Asian countries. Lately, I bought Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-one Beauty Balm Skin Perfector which promises to enhance the skin.




8-in-1 Benefits:
1. Blurs Imperfections
2. Enhances
3. Brightens
4. Adjust to skin-tone
5. Smoothes
6. Hydrates
7. SPF 30 protects
8. 0% oils and other heavy ingredients





 Let's jump off to my (hopefully) boring-proof review:

What I like is... (Pros):
- SPF30. Sunscreens are very important. Doesn't matter how high the SPF is but I'm contented with SPF 30
- Texture is not too "lotion-y". it easily blends in with my skin-tone. There's no greasy feeling too
- No Parabens. Parabens are common in cosmetics. It has been controversial and has been linked to cause cancer
- Fragrance free. It has veeery minimal cosmetic smell.
- I use it alone for my everyday, no-occasion look + lipgloss. Better than a nude face. :)


What I don't like is... (Cons):
- Tube top has no pin stopper which would easily mess up the cover. I usually put it in my make up kit upside down
-
BB creams are normally light tinted. Maybelline has minimal to no coverage. I don't have much blemish but it only gives me minimal coverage on my face. I need to put it under powder. If you want to cover up blemishes, you might want to use foundations instead.
- Not sure if it lightens and enhances my skin tone. Been using it for a month but I don't see any improvements





Will I buy one again? Uh... not anytime soon. It's not that I don't like it but I think there are other BB creams that are better. 



Have you tried it too? Tell me what you think :)


♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Appreciate a comment. =)