Friday, February 1

Kikay 101: My New Makeup Remover

I've been using make up for years and been using olive oil as my make up remover. My face is quite sensitive to make up removers. The first that I've tried was cold cream back in college... I had acne attack for a week because of it. About 5 years ago, I started using olive oil to remove my waterproof makeups and it did quite well for me. Recently, I've been brave enough to try another one, Clinique take the day off makeup remover. Thinking that it is for sensitive skin and it has 90% good reviews, I've tried it and it looks okay for a couple of days... a bit of a sting but doesn't really hurt. On the 3rd day... i feel a burning sensation in my eye area. The next day, my eyes were like blowfish! swelling =(


When I recovered from the trauma, I started using makeup again and decided to stick to what I know best. Unfortunately this time, I ran out of olive oil. Then I saw a bottle of Johnson's baby shampoo in our shower which I bought for the purpose of using it on weekends to rest my hair from adult shampoos with strong chemicals. Thinking it is for babies with "sensitive" skin, plus the 'no tears' formula... I tried using it to check if it'll clean up the waterproof makeup... and it worked! =)


  • Wash your face with clean water
  • Squeeze a pea size amount of baby shampoo in your fingertips
  • With both eyes closed, massage the eye area gently, concentrating where the waterproof makeups are
  • rinse thoroughly
  • Wash using your facial cleanser afterwards
  • Dry your face and apply moisturizer to prevent the face from drying


from left: Gel Liner; Mascara; Eye Shadow; Lipstick 

(all waterproof except the eyeshadow)


I've been using it for weeks now and it works well all the time. This will definitely be in my grocery list. It is cheaper than make up removers (and olive oil), gentle on the face and serves two purpose (shampoo and makeup remover) as well. I'm not quite sure if other baby shampoos would work though.

It's a Friday! Try to rest your skin from harmful chemicals on weekend... makes a big difference. =) 


Post your comment or share more about this topic.
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Appreciate a comment. =)