Monday, January 28

Everyday Makeup

It's Monday. First day of the work week again. As usual... was so lazy to get out of bed to exercise but at least I managed to. 1st goal... done! =) Trying to inspire myself to work... I started with what I'll wear and my daily make up. Then I decided to share the make-up part here.



For today's blog, I'll share my everyday office make-up look. There are variety of local brands that you can use as a substitute to your expensive make up. You don’t always need an expensive one… though top quality brands are still the best. hehe I use the local substitute for my everyday look and save my quality brands for special occasions. =D  For the tones, I prefer earth shades... the barely-there make up look. In this blog, I still use my Lancome and Clinique brands given by my mom-in-law but mostly, I used Fashion 21 and Maybelline brands. Fashion 21 was introduced to me by my aunt a few years back. I find them affordable but suitable and gentle to my skin.


Top: Lancome Pink Blush, ArtDeco Kabuki Brush, Fashion 21 Two-way Cake with Papaya Extract
Bottom: Clinique earth shades eye shadow,Lancom lipstick, Maybelline lip gel, 
Maybelline Magnum Volum' Express waterproof mascara


Here are some Helpful Tips:

  • Always start with a clean face. 
  • Apply a moisturizer and let it dry.
  • Apply a lip gel to prep the lips (I always do this since I have chapped lips since birth hehe)
  • Today, I didn't use primer and concealer but I use Urban Decay for special occasion. Instead, I applied Fashion 21 Two-way Cake with a damp face sponge, even out and let it dry. 
  • For the eyes, I use Clinique Earth Shade eye shadow, Fashion 21 waterproof Gel Liner and Maybelline the Magnum Volum' Express waterproof mascara.
    • Apply the lightest from lash line to brow bone. Using the medium shade, blend towards the outer eye corners. Using the darkest shade, apply it along upper lash blending as far as the crease. Put a white or silver shimmers in the inner corner of the eyes to lighten up the face.
    • Gel Liners are tricky, but they are easier to apply than liquid.The applicator is very important. I prefer a thin angled one.
    • Curl your lashes next. Do it in 3 segments starting from the base, mid-lash and tip to get the natural look.
    • In applying the mascara, do the zigzag trick. starting from the base, apply the mascara while wiggling the wand from left to right until you reach the tip of your lashes. This trick prevents clumping
    • Never pump the wand in and out of the tube to prevent your mascara from drying
    • Coat with no more than 3 coats. Apply the second coat before the first coat dries out to prevent it from clumping
    • It is also important to groom your eyebrows. It frames the eyes and define the features on your face. Pluck, thread or shave it. I shave and sometimes thread. Define it by simply brushing your eyebrows in the direction the hair grows using an eyebrow brush or a clean mascara wand.  If you have more time, you can go ahead and apply color using an eyebrow pencil and brush it evenly from the inner corner to the outer corner.
  • For the cheeks, I used a pinkish shade powder blush to warm up my gloomy, bored face. 
  • I finished it by applying the same F21 powder on the T section, but this time, using my ArtDeco kabuki brush. This will blend in and tone down the blush to look more natural

Sorry for the messy hair =D
  • Lastly... smile and think that your day will be beautiful. 

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Appreciate a comment. =)