Today is a Regular Holiday in the Philippines.
A perfect time for me to prepare a home cooked meal, so I decided to cook Chicken Pochero.
• 1 whole Chicken, chopped
• 1 small onion, diced
• 4 cloves garlic
• 2 large tomatoes, diced
• 2 cardava banana (saba), sliced
• 2 pcs chorizo, sliced
• 3 pcs potato, cubed
• a bunch of long green beans, cleaned, ends trimmed
• half cabbage, sliced
• 1 bundle Boy Choy, ends trimmed
• 1 cup tomato sauce
• 1 small can pork and beans
• 1 cup water
• 1 tsp fish sauce
• 1 tsp pepper corn
- Pour in oil, once hot, fry the banana until golden brown, set aside
- Fry chorizo next, set aside
- Sauté garlic, onion and tomato
- Stir in the chicken. Simmer for about 3mins
- Add tomato sauce, pork and beans, water, fish sauce and peppercorn. Simmer for another 5 mins.
- Add cooked banana, chorizo and potatoes. Simmer until potatoes are half cooked
- Add sliced cabbage and long green beans, simmer for 5 mins.
- Add bok choy last, turn off the heat and cover the pot. Wait for about 5mins before serving